Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Contract with God compared to Sin City Booze and Broads & Bullets

The short story of Daddy's Little Girl seems like a homage or a retelling of Grossmans short story.
They both involve a woman who lures a man to falling in love with her, but tricking the man into doing something terrible. In Daddy's Little Girl the woman wants the man she convinced to love her kill her father. But In the Grossmans story she steals the heart of a 15 year old. But the ending is the same in both stories, the woman does all this just for her real husband or lover to get a boner. In Franks tho the violence is more gruesome and its the young man that gets beat up not the girl.

I like Frank Miller but after this semester of understanding comics I feel that he has, used Will Eisner as more than a reference. I'm not saying any thing bad about it, because I love his work. But its just something I noticed.






No comments:

Post a Comment